Dental and Porcelain Veneers in Houston
Transform your Smile with Dental Veneers
Have you ever looking the mirror and noticed more than one problem with your smile? Do you have a variety of issues that seem to be beyond repair?
Well, if you do our cosmetic dentists have the perfect solution. That solution is a set of high quality porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are one of the most versatile cosmetic procedures because they can address more than one smile problem while also drastically improving the overall aesthetics of your smile.
This means that you can get the best of both worlds through dental veneers. Allow our Houston dentists Dr. Tom Hedge and Dr. Kathy Frazar, to show you how veneers work and how they can help you.
What Are Dental Veneers?
In a nutshell, dental veneers are thin porcelain coverings which go over the fronts of your teeth. They are both extremely thin and extremely strong. They are about as thin as a contact lens, but they are just as strong as natural tooth enamel.
They have a variety of benefits, and in many cases, they are the only procedure needed to completely restore your smile.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers have a variety of benefits. Chief among these is the ability to remedy a variety of smile problems. The problems they solve include:
- Chipped teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Stained teeth
- Misshapen teeth
Additionally, porcelain veneers can improve the overall aesthetics of your smile, and many people opt for veneers even if they do not have significant problems with their smiles.
Two of the most impressive benefits of veneers is the fact that they take just as little as 2 to 3 office visits to apply, yet they can last between 10 and 20 years!
Simply put, with dental veneers, you can finally enjoy an amazing, flawless smile.
Furthermore, additional benefits of veneers include:
- The dental veneers procedure is easy, quick, and relatively painless!
- Patients can experience a total smile transformation to fix minor dental imperfections.
- The porcelain material used to create our veneers is highly customizable, meaning that we can choose the shape and structure of your veneers to complement your surrounding teeth in the most natural way possible.
- The porcelain is stain resistant, which means that you don’t necessarily have to abstain from certain foods that can darken your teeth.
- Your self-confidence and self-esteem will increase as you receive compliment after compliment about your brand new smile!
- Porcelain veneers allow us to create your veneers in a natural, aesthetically pleasing way, leaving you with a gorgeous smile you’ve always dreamed of.
- The dental veneers procedure offers a conservative approach to changing your tooth’s color and shape. Typically, only minor preparations of your tooth are needed to place veneers, whereas other cosmetic dental procedures may require more significant tooth reduction and changes.
If these benefits aren’t enough for you to be impressed with dental veneers, you can read our patients’ dental veneers reviews on our client testimonials page! Here you will catch a glimpse of what makes our patients happy and satisfied. Our Houston dentists want you to feel that same way, too, by experiencing our top-notch general and cosmetic dentistry services within a spa-like, relaxing office environment. We are ready to create your healthy, magnificent dream smile—are you ready, too?
Of course, in order for your veneers to last, you need to learn how to take proper care of them. Let our dentists show you the best way to maintain your dental veneers.
Porcelain Veneers Versus Composite
Caring for Your Porcelain Veneers
Dental care for porcelain veneers is no different from regular dental care.
- Clean and floss your new smile daily.
- Visit us regularly for professional care and maintenance
- Consider wearing a night-guard to prevent teeth grinding while you sleep.
If you’re ready for a smile that can boost your self-confidence and enhance your image, ask us about porcelain veneers today, and make sure to check out our smile gallery showcasing some of our work.
Our Porcelain Veneers Lab in Houston
Porcelain veneers are only as good as the person that crafts them, so we have chosen one of the finest cosmetic dental labs in the world to partner with when creating beautiful porcelain veneers to enhance your smile.
We partner with Williams Dental Lab, and we work closely with them to ensure that your dental veneers come out stunning, and you have a smile to show off to all of your friends and family! Bob Clark is an LVI Master Technician, and one that can turn your smile into your strongest asset.
Come see what the The Houston Dentists and Williams Dental Lab have to offer. Contact us today for your complimentary veneers consultation!
Dental Veneers Patient Testimonials
Our Houston dentists, Dr. Kathy Frazar and Dr. Tom Hedge, can create your dream smile. In fact, whenever we read veneers reviews and testimonials from our past patients, we are filled with so much pride in delivering amazing results coupled with compassionate dental care.
This testimonial was recently sent to Dr. Hedge from a very pleased patient:
About 4 months ago I went to Dr. Thomas Hedge at The Houston Dentists to get porcelain veneers on all of my upper and lower teeth. It was an exceptional experience. My motivation for getting the veneers was not cosmetic. I knew I had problems with my bite and went to see Dr. Hedge to discuss what improvements could be made. Through a very thorough (and personable) consultation he explained the procedure, the options and what I could expect. My second step was to do extensive research of this procedure. Interestingly, although there are many, many articles available on porcelain veneers, and even more dentists advertising the procedure none of them seemed to talk about quite the same procedure that Dr. Hedge described to me. Briefly and in layman’s terms this is Dr. Hedge’s evaluation procedure:
- Initial consultation to understand my objectives. He also showed before and after pictures of some of his previous patients.
- An extensive session to map my bite electronically on a computer. He and his team placed electrodes on the muscles in my jaw and head to monitor muscle contractions and record any unusual sounds in my joints, then attached a device to my jaw that could record all the movements of the jaw in three dimensions when I opened and closed my mouth.
- After recording all this information about my bite, they mapped this graphically against an ideal bite to show me exactly what was wrong.
- Knowing exactly what the problem was, Dr. Hedge explained what would be required to fix my bite and make it normal.
As a business strategy and technology consultant by profession I was very appreciative of the approach they took to quantitatively measure the problem and define a solution to that problem. So I decided to go ahead with the procedure. I will refrain from giving the details of the procedure since I am not a dentist and would likely misstate many things. However, I will share the results of my procedure after living with my veneers for about 4 months:
- I have no pain, soreness or sensitivity in my mouth at all. And this is after having every single tooth in my mouth replaced with a veneer.
- My new teeth feel as natural as to me as the real ones did.
- I have stopped grinding my teeth at night and now wake in the morning without headaches.
- When I sleep I now breathe through my nose instead of my mouth.
- I do not wake up congested in the morning as I did before the procedure.
- When I eat it is now natural for me to chew with my mouth closed, whereas previously I had to think about closing my mouth whenever I chewed.
- I no longer have symptoms of TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder)
- My smile and all my teeth look fabulous. This is not a surprise given that each tooth was custom designed and hand made.
- I have received many comments about how great my teeth look. But because the veneers look so natural the comments are always about how white they are. Nobody thinks “veneer” or “false teeth”.
Make no mistake, this is not an inexpensive procedure and it is unfortunate that insurance companies still classify this a cosmetic dentistry even when it is done for sound medical reasons. However, from my research it does seem to be a classic case of getting what you pay for. It was expensive, but according to Dr. Hedge these veneers should last for the rest of my life. For me it was a worthwhile investment. If you are considering dental veneers or think you might have a problem with your teeth or bite I highly recommend Dr. Hedge and The Houston Dentists Center. - Peter Buck